Monday, October 24, 2011

The Gazing Man From Croatia


The line was growing and the restless energy swirled in the air like thick smoke on a windy day.  This was his third visit to Indianapolis, in less than six months.  The restless crowd comprised of newbies and seasoned veterans to this phenomenon.  You could hear the speculation of the attendees.  Every attendee held the hope of a miraculous healing or wish granted.  I learned long ago that humans want something or someone to believe in.  I have also learned not everyone who claims to have the energy can deliver on what they promise.  The uniqueness of this traveler is he makes no claims to be able to do anything, in fact he dismisses the myth he does anything.   The energy and how it works through him appears to be as much a mystery to him as it is to the audience. 

The energy has peaked and everyone is aware the time is near.  Like the rumble of a beehive the sound of the crowd reaches a crescendo and maintains at a hum.  The doors open and participants are greeted with a smile and led to their seats.  Shorter people and those in wheelchairs are seated in the first three rows.  The crowd is asked to fill all empty spaces.  Some have already begun to cry, from the excitement, fear or hope that their desires will be granted.  Pictures are pinned to many of loved ones who were unable to attend.  There is calmness about he crowd even though the energy is clearly swirling rapidly within the space. 

Two levels, the main level and a higher one on top of the first form the stage.  Flowers in simple containers flank either side of the stage. It is draped in white and everything around it is also white.  Two projector screens surround the stage for projection of the event for those further back.    

The group is now in the room and the tight bundle of people sit waiting for him to appear.  Just minutes before the event begins a woman in a wheelchair is rushed to the end of the first row.  She is markedly upset and crying.  Her companion wheels her in for the event and then promptly departs.  She sits alone and crying silently to herself.  If I ever thought the human condition has dead it was restored on this day, even before he entered the room.  A tiny aging woman sitting next the crying woman began to rub her arm and leaned over clearly checking to make sure she was okay.  When she was not rubbing the woman’s arm she held her hand.  These two strangers shared a moment in time obviously intended for them to have.  If nothing else transpired that afternoon it warmed my heart to see two total strangers make a connection just as simple life forms having an experience. 

A man appeared on the stage, he was not the main attraction but rather there to explain the format.  He explained Braco would enter the room and gaze into the audience, without ever producing a single word.  The collective energy is channeled through Braco.  He further explained that Braco does not control the energy; in fact the energy controls him.  He will enter the room and gaze at the audience for five to seven minutes, he will leave the stage and we will be asked to continue to stand for an additional two to three minutes. At the conclusion of each session attendees can share current or past experiences. 

My attendance at this event is as foreign as the event itself.  A patient told me about him for the first time in April. She delivered flyers to our office in the event we wanted to share Braco with our patients.  The office manager and I laughed about the gazing man for days.  Really, could a man from Croatia gaze at the audience and profound things occur.  It was just way out of my realm of what I could believe or even process so I scoffed and did not attend his initial visit.  For weeks after his initial visit I was flooded with people who attended his sessions.  They reported various outcomes from total remission of illnesses, to profound healings or simple requests granted.  I was beginning to think I may have missed an opportunity to experience something very unexplainable.  I am a very spiritual person, which I consider very different from religious.  I have and continue to experience things that have no explanation.  The very work I do as an acupuncturist is nothing short of a miraculous unexplainable transformation within the human body.  Harnessing or manipulating the universal energy has always fascinated me.  Through continued discussions with people and a series of encounters I was actually introduced to the woman who brought him to Indianapolis.  I do not believe this was a coincidence since I believe there are no coincidences. She and her husband held what I now understood was a thank you get together for the volunteers who worked the initial event.  Having not been a volunteer it seemed strange that I had made it to this event.  This was clearly a case of me being where I was suppose to be at the time I was suppose to be there.  Larry, the husband led a chatting session follow by his playing of the violin.  He is an accomplished musician who’s music enters and touches your very soul.  His wife Ashley, flew to Hawaii for a healing from Braco.  Her recovery post this event is nothing short of a modern day miracle.  I would be inclined to say she had some experience but surely it was not as profound as she indicated.  But I unknowingly had treated one of her best friend for many years.  She confirmed everything Ashley had shared with me and her own personal account of what Ashley was like before seeing Braco in Hawaii.  Several weeks after initially meeting Ashley she contacted me and asked me to join her and Larry for coffee or tea.  I met with them later that week.  It was during this visit I heard directly from her about her journey. 

My only thought was I must see this man and what he can do.

Back in the room the man continues to explain Braco and how he came to do the work he is doing.  He explains that Braco is like a tuning fork who has been struck and begins to resonate.  The audience is like a room full of tuning forks who begin to resonate and vibrate from being so close to the original vibrating fork.  It is this resonance that produces the healing vibration within the crowd.  Participants are asked to huddle closely so the resonance is more powerful.  I have always believed that when you put a group of people together with a similar agenda things will happen. 

We are all made of energy; it is this energy that unites and can transform.  Some groups do this through prayer, chanting, lying on of hands, or gazing. This universal energy has been harnessed in so many ways. So once I accepted it was possible through an act as simple as gazing I had to experience this phenomenon.
The man on stage has concluded the introduction and it is time for Braco to enter the room.  You can feel the energy rise as he enters the buzzing sanctuary.  The energy mimics the flapping of bee’s wings, and enlivens the room.  Braco takes the stage and stands on the highest platform.  As promised he merely gazes at the audience. I can feel him and he has a bright white aura around him.  This is my second event so I knew what to expect.  His aura was different from the first time I saw him in June.  Braco’s shadow reflects as two separate images and seems to mimic both male and female, as if representing both energies.  You can see the energy enter his body like millions of tiny serpents and then radiating in and out through the audience.  There is nothing but pure selfless energy radiating from the stage.  At times he appears to turn into a singe ball of light. 

The experiences are as varied as there are people.  It is not my intention to chronicle at this time the experiences shared with me. This is merely a brief synopsis of some of my experiences. 

Braco leaves the stage and the room remains in silence.  It is difficult for me to stand still I have this overwhelming desire to rock back and forth.  Interestingly when I watch the Braco videos I see people swaying in the same manner.  My inner feeling is somewhat primal and simplistic.  I feel lighter and at peace and as if I have some how left my body momentarily.  I have no worries or complaints just a sense of well-being.

I cannot explain what happens when this event occurs but something does happen.  We are programmed that we should be able to explain the things happening to us.  There must  be a scientific explanation for everything.  When in actuality we all enter the world every day carrying with us a blind faith.  It is this blind faith that motivates us to leave the comfort of our homes knowingly able to return unharmed.  Cultures outside the United States are more open to unexplained phenomenon.  They open to the possibility of magical thinking.   We can transform our lives through magical thinking, and believing.  Certainly this does not mean just because we want or desire a specific outcome we will get it.  All things come to us when we are supposed to experience them.  Forcing events to occur before time can result in a negative outcome, often leaving us unable to believe beyond that event. 

I am sharing this experience in hopes each one of you will attempt to explore territories once foreign to you.  Extend an olive branch or a simple pat on the arm to acknowledge you see and validate a life and the experience they are having.  This experience only further validates for me we can make a difference without a single word being uttered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment